Mega March for Animals
Event Details: Belle Isle
A 2-mile walk around Belle Isle. A shorter route will also be available on walk day. Water will be provided for people and pets at several points along the route. View the route.
Who can walk:
Everyone is welcome to walk, with or without a pet. Pets who are friendly, vaccinated and would enjoy the event are welcome to attend on a leash or in a carrier. Please bring proof of current vaccinations and be prepared to pick up after your pets.
Check-in and registration:
Registration opens at 9 a.m. and the walk will begin at 10 a.m. Even though you have signed up online, please stop at the Registration/Check-In Tent to complete registration so that we know you attended. For your convenience, please print out and complete a registration form and bring it with you to the Registration/Check-In Tent along with any donations you have collected off-line.
If you have already registered online, you can access a printable Check-In sheet already filled out with your details and online fundraising totals (must be logged in to view completed form). If your employer has a matching gifts program please bring the necessary form.
The Mega Pet Contests will begin at 11:15 a.m. In order to compete, you will need to sign up at the Volunteer Tent between 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. For more information, please visit our Mega Pet Contest information page.
Convenient parking is available. A Recreation Passport is required for vehicle entry into the state park. If you already purchased one at the time of renewing your license plate, or already have a window sticker on your vehicle, you can proceed directly to the parking lot once you cross the bridge and do not have to wait in line. If you do not have a Recreation Passport, they can be purchased at a Secretary of State branch office, self service station or online. Window stickers can be purchased at the visitor contact station, at the White House on Belle Isle, or at the entrance booth. The Recreation Passport costs $11 for Michigan vehicles.
For the most enjoyable walk experience please remember these points:
- Bring your animal only if he/she enjoys other animals and people.
- Animals must be on-leash or in a carrier at all times.
- Please be prepared to clean up after your companion animal.
- Please bring his/her up-to-date vaccination records with you, but do not attach to the registration form. You will need to present them only if asked.
- Water will be provided for animals and walkers throughout the day.
Additional notes for team captains:
- Each team member must check-in individually at the registration tent. Please do not attempt to register/check in all of your team members.
- Make sure each of your team members has a registration form.
- Pick a convenient meeting point for your team. Please do not meet at the registration tent.
- Please do not bring tables, tents, banners or stationary signs. A small hand-held sign is permitted to help your team members locate you.
- Please no handouts or balloons.
Michigan Humane Society
Mega March for Animals